"me the gr8"

Posted by Robbie | Posted in | Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006

A few months back, I had gone home on leave ... taken some time off .. so i decided to travel down my memory lanes and visited my dear old school, the park i had played in as a kid, the nooks and corners of our colony wre me and my gang had had sooo much fun .. visiting the place u grew up sorta helps u relive ur childhood to some extent .. and thats exactly y i had taken the time off .. for this special reason .. and i was havin a very gud time .. i went to the class v had occupied in our eleventh grade and sat in the last row which v had occupied at that time .. t'was like i had gone back to those days ..
all those silly fights v had .. :) .. and the punishments v got .. the days v ate during the class ... the tests v copied and cleared ... and those oh-so-dull days when v jus lazed around not actually knowin wat to do .. if only i had a ---.. hmm .. no .. not starting it again ... :-/
nywayz, jus two days b4 i was comin back to chennai, i had gone to the grocery store to get s'thing for my mom and i was jus lookin at the place wre there had once been a temple .. and was staring at the now wasted land when i was shattered out of my reverie by a crashing sound .. i turned jus in time to c a kid nursing his bleeding hand while his bicycle lay on itz side .. it didnt take much intelligence to figure out that he had crashed into a big stone lying on the side of the road ..
and it didnt take up much time for me to realise that the kid had a Hero Ranger ... i immediately travelled back to my school days when i had a similar Hero Ranger .. Red color .. and it was one of those first models which had a straight handle-bar .. in those days, everyone wanted to drive my bike(okie.. okie .. cycle!! .. thought i'll give some build-up for my dear cycle) caz i was one of the very few who had that model .. and the fights me and my bro had over it .. my! my!!! .. too many .. during one of those fightin sessions, i was so pissed off with him that i jus stormed out of house but only after grabbing my compass from the geometry box .. i went down, engraved my name in the mud-guard and made sure t'was in the field of vision of anyone who merely glanced at my bike .. this led to yet another series of fights but thats a different story .. when i left school, my bro got bored of it and sold it without tellin me caz he knew my senti attachment to that cycle ..
lookin at the kid's cycle at that minute, all this passed thro my mind's eye .. the kid was still on the ground .. so i decided to help him and went over and straightened up the cycle .. and my eyes reflexively travelled to the mud-guard and to my amazement, i saw the name inscribed in it clear as if it wre recently done - "ANU the gr8" ... i briefly wondered if i was dreamin but knew otherwisewhen i heard the kid's voice .. "thanx akka" .. "np kiddo .. btw, is this ur cycle??" ..
"yes akka" ..
"wre did u buy it .. i mean, whom did u get it from??"
"appa bought it from that cycle stand over there .. s'one had sold it and appa told me i ve to wait for a few more years b4 he can get me a brand new bike.. so i agreed to get this second hand"
"oh kewl!! .. do u know whoz name this is??" - i pointed out the compass scribble ..
"oh that .. the cycle stand owner told me t'was done by the previous owner .. that stupid gal needn't ve done it right in that place , when she knew shez gonna sell it .. now the first thing ppl c bot the cycle is that .. all my frenz make fun of me when they c a gal's name in my cycle" ..
i jus smiled at him (though dont ask me wat i felt like inside ..) and told him "may be she didnt know she was gonna sell it ..she mite ve really luv'd her cycle .. but had to sell it at some point caz of some reasons .."
he seemed to ponder bot this for a min and then thanked me for helpin and went on his way ..
i was so engrossed in my thoughts on my way back home .. and i still was deep in thought when i entered the house .. that is, until my mom asked me -"kanna wre'z the flour??" ...
wat flour??!!!! oh jeez .. thats wat i went out to get and i retunred back without goin to the shop .. "ma .. i forgot to get it .. sorry" ..
she glared at me and gave me a 'u-gud-for-nothing-gal-i-knew-u'll-gimme-some-xcuse' look ... and didnt trust me again and so went to the shop herself .. ;) .. t'was a gud thing my bro sold out that cycle .. if he had left it in the garage , wat with both of us away from home, it wud ve rusted and wasted .. at least now therez some kid whoz happy caz of the cycle even though he must still be cursing 'me the gr8' for that inscription .. :P

Comments Posted (11)

  1. I so much hate them everytime I hear about that temple ..

    good post 'u-good-for-nothing-gal'..

    Ur bro did the rite thing and I am great !!!

  2. nice post... cool memories...:)

    I also went to SSP this time i was in india.. sad to see the temple demolished... and the space looks like it had an earthquake ..so sad :( I got down in the mohan nagar bus stop and was totally surprised by its appearance.. totally bad ....

  3. @ vasanth
    yeah i know .. i used go there everyday when i was in school and even during my college days.. really sad .. :(

    @anand
    u r rite at that .. like there was an earth quake .. the first time i saw it, i was shocked too and was so angry with the ppl who did that .. they did it to lay road it seems but till date, no such measures ve been taken .. itz jus a wasteland ..

  4. @betsy
    thanx betsy .. i know .. i miss those days a lot too ..
    and Happy Valentine's Day to u too .. ve fun :)..

  5. hi moron!!
    good post!! hehe... i have to have to complain abt the time the straight handlebar crashed into mine and all four of us except prat went crashing down!!
    yaad aaya??

  6. Hey Anu, thats an nice autograph-style-memories. I thought you gonna tell about the school time love story, missed it :)

  7. @ rush ..

    of course mujhe yaad hai, kaise bhool sakti hoon .. :) those wre memorable days ..

    @ satu ..
    :P may be next time .. in another post .. wat say?? btw, howz ur salsa goin??

  8. Great post da!! brought back memories of township to me too :-)

  9. yeah jelly .. i think of school days a lot too .. t'was fun na .. missin u guys re .. a lot ..

  10. Hey ur post train journey n Qui j'aussi r brilliant,beats dan brown.....(no kidding!:) )
    But i should say 'train journey' post is 2 gud 2 b true....:P newayz u ve a gift.... keep posting b it fact r fiction :P!!!

  11. Nice description of ur memories anu.... Finally i have gone through ur Blogs....

    Keep Updating these....

    Bye,
    KK