Me the Eldest ...... :-|

Posted by Robbie | Posted in | Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006

Wel .. if u think 'm gonna complain here bot growing older or s'thing, na .. 'm not .. i jus wanted to share some opinions .. okie ..not exactly .. i wanted some place to vent my feelings .. now 'm honest ..
and 'm not bothered bot growing old .. everyone does .. so thats okie .. :P.. but the point 'm really pissed off with is, throughout my life, i was alwayz cald the older one jus caz 'm the elder child... c'mon .. when 'll i ever be cald a kid then?????? at the max, i got this-"ELDER KID" .. :-/
"kanna .. u r the eldest .. u must only adjust .. give it to him" - my ma when me and my bro fought for a ball ...
"okie kanna .. all the best .. btw, take care of ur bro .. u r the eldest .. so must be responsible .. u r not a li'l kid" - my dad when me and him went for a inter school competition ...
"illa da .. u give in .. after all, he's a small kid na .. u 'll ve to adjust" - my gran when v both fought bot s'thing ..
... and this goes on everywre ..... not jus at home ...
when he gets caught after playing some prank at school , i'll be cald by his teacher ..
"Anu .. he's ur kid bro and u must only take care of him .. playing pranks in school is not gud ..young kids alwayz do this ... u only being the elder sis and a grown up kid, must advice ur brother" ... all i can do is -"okie miss .. sorry bot this time .. 'll make sure nothing of this sort is repeated again" ..
and if by chance, u get caught doin s'thing , then itz like - "wat nonsense is this?? is this the sorta behaviour v expected from a grownup child like u?? and being the elder kid, u must be a role model for the younger ones .. quite some model u r .. leading him in all the wrong ways .." ... as if , if not for me, he'll a gem of a kid ...... :- .. gimme a break okie ..
btw, 'm to set his example .. then, wre'z MY model person??? from whom ve i learnt all the pranks??? no one seems to think bot THAT .. itz alwayz "set a gud example for ur li'l bro" ... man!!! i had enuf of being the older one alwayz .. u'll b ten yrs old and ur younger sibling 'll b six or seven .. so u r not a kid but u r the OLDER CHILD ... the responsible one .. responsible , my foot .....
so thus went a major part of my childhood .. not that this was in any way a hindrance to me being the naughty one in school or college or even at work , for that matter ..... but still .. :- ..
After all this that i went thro in my life , at last i was this first year student in the electrical dept .... for a yr, i was one of the younger ones .. or so i thought ...until i heard bot the fact that our college also had a polytechnic in the campus ... :-/ .. curse my luck .. the students in Polytechnic, as u must be aware, ve finished only tenth grade while we, the first years ve completed our twelfth grade .. so, when any staff catches us making noise in the class, t'll be - "look at those polytech kids .. they r two yrs younger than y'all .. how disciplined they r .. y'all being older, must set them an ex.... .. ... .. " - okie .. u can guess the rest .... so my hopes wre snatched away in the first few days of college ....
okie .. so i was waiting for the four years to complete hoping atleast i can be a young TRAINEE in office.. :P .. and the D-day came too .. i was one among those hundreds of young trainees .. but there was this villian in the form of rules .... u r all young to the organisation but old enuf to know that rules are to be followed .. so v WRE old here too .. another term i happen to detest is "PROFESSIONALS" .. oh pllleeeaaazzzzeeee .. professionals , sure .. only to illustrate that u r OLD ENUF ... s'how i ven't found that term to be used for anything else till date ..
so, comin back to track, now i ve lost all hopes of ever being the KID and not the OLDER or ELDER or RESPONSIBLE kid .. but atleast , being the elder kid i had my own share of fun which the younger (!!) ones cant .... ;)
and i sorta fit the role - elder kid- as my bro says and so true to his words, today, my bro gets his monthly allowance from both me and my parents .. :-/ ...

Comments Posted (3)

  1. :)) ha ha ha....
    I cant understand how much you got pissed off by being elder one and matured one!
    i dont share the same stage. I am youngest kid in my family and Got some elder bro/sis like you everywhere till now. so pampered by my elders everyhwere i go. so enjoying being younger one...

  2. wel lucky guy .. :-/ .. dont make me jealous .. but bein the elder one has itz adv too .. :P .. and nywayz , itz nay day better than being an only child like my dad .. itz fun only when u ve siblings to fight with .. :) .. i miss him a lot now caz therez no one to fight with and no one to cover up for u when u get into trouble .. ;)

  3. :( u 'll never stop pullin my leg 'll u??!!!! STOP calling me that .. 8-|