the chair affair ..

Posted by Robbie | Posted in | Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2010

my chair in office is very special .. as in, v r very attracted to each other, me and the chair i mean .. for a lot of our own very gud reasons .. bfr i launch into the indepths of those xtremely justifiable reasons, i must tel u bot my chair and how v got acquainted ...

so, we shifted to this new office building one n half months back and on the first day in the new office, i was late .. one of the last to arrive .. n much to my righteous indignation, everyone had a chair but moi (no !! i wont tel u which company i work for) .. and so urs truly's first job on the first day in the new office was, Chair hunting .. i know .. so i went arnd the 31st floor, ignoring the awesome view it offered of the lovely city outside with iron determination, looking for unsuspicious victims whose chair i can steal .. as u mite expect on such sad occasions, there wre none .. so i ended up finding an orphaned chair in a dark desolute corner , lookin as miserable as i felt .. now, if u want me to get into specifics on the looks n likes of this orphan, wel, i must tel u first off that the poor chair was no looker .. the fact that it was ditched by everyone other than me n that too only caz i ddint ve any other choice, did nothing to improve itz mental n physical state .. when u blotch a white chalk with Royal blue Chelpark ink (ahh .. i miss those Chelpark days !!) and then dip the same chalk in water for a while n dry it in the open top floor/terrace of ur apartment at noon for like 3 or 4 hrs, u get a weird faded blue color ... wel, the chair was in exactly that color .. brought back so many nostalgic memories ...

so the moment i saw it thr, all lonely n lost, i knew this was it .. t'was like the chair was jus waiting for me to find it .. find it, i did !! hah !! Victory !!so i drag my find all the way from one end of the floor to the other end, ignoring all the smirks n sympathy from ppl all over .. i didnt realize the exact reason for the smirks until s'one pointed out to me that i got my mate in the chair .. t'was as noisy as me !!! now THAT touched a nerve and i resolved to break a few bits off that guy's chair that nite after everyone has left for the day .. which wudnt b impossible given the fact that 'm generally one of the last to leave office (no .. dnt even get me started on it .. 'm not ready to talk bot my team or my proj .. no .. dnt!! somethings r better left alone .. 'm warning u !!) .. and i tel u i ve not the slightest clue bot how the guy's chair mysteriously started shedding screws n bolts until one day it jus breathed itz last .. (hey u !! dnt look at me like that .. i had nothing - NOTHING - to do with it)

so comin back to my chair .. my faded chelpark royal blue chair became my identity in office .. it stood out from the rest of the boring bright n new furniture .. no one wanted my chair .. i had it all to myself .. infact when i say no one wanted it, i mean NO ONE wanted .. there was this guy who once came to meet the guy who sits nxt to me .. n i was standing some feet away , busy in a cal .. and this guy took one look at my chair n said he preferred to stand, when offered my chair !!! The nerve !! *indignant look*!!

wel .. 'm tired now .. so tataa to y'all .. God bless me n my chair !!

Comments Posted (2)

  1. Excellent article..you got great skills..keep going.try posting a picture of your precious chair :)

  2. Haha, Attu, this is hilarious! And yes, post pics of the chair..and the view from the 31st floor! Lovely template btw for the blog.. and, i keep telling you this.. don't work tooooo hard (you know you do)