yet another day ..

Posted by Robbie | Posted in | Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2012


i stood quietly in the corner of the train closer to the door, as alwayz with my ipod headphones plugged securely in both the ears, shutting out the hustle and bustle of the morning rush hour .. i was feelin sleepy .. n my laptop n handbag were weighing me down .. as i struggled with the bags, i kept a lookout for the stations neverthless .. i knew there were still three more stops to go ..

as the train stopped n the doors opened, i craned my neck to get a glimpse of the passengers getting in .. there they were - the lady and her li'l kid .. she turned arnd to look in my direction and i didnt have enuf time to turn my gaze away from them .. t'was too late and she already knew i had been staring .. i tried to cover that up my making a show of pushing a lock of hair behind me ears and adjusting my specs .. she suddenly smiled .. a smile of recognition .. i dnt knw why that made me happy .. but it did .. smiled back at her and moved aside to give her more space to stand .. but by then s'one gave her their seat as she was holding a li'l kid .. as the lady was settling down in the seat, the kid leaned over and pulled my ID tag that hung arnd my neck .. she remembered me too .. she had been playing with that tag yday whn they sat next to me ..

they get down in the stop before mine .. the lady searched for me with her eyes .. and i was looking at them from where i stood caz i knew they wre gettin down n i wanted to see them before they left .. the contented look on the lady's face, or the carefree kid's happy innocent smile, or the duo together - dunno wat made me feel so nice inside .. but it did .. she shouted a 'bye .. see u tmw' to me .. i waved back ..

i got down at my station and slowly walked towards office .. made my customary stop at the coffee place .. they didnt ask me wat i wanted .. 'm a regular .. paid for the hot choc n came out .. the old man in the fruit shop across, from where i used to buy orange juice long back waved me to go across and handed me a bag of fresh fruits that he had been slicing .. i felt guilty for having switched to hot choc from orange juice .. smiled n thanked him in my broken chinese ..

the day already felt like it was one of those days i'll look back and feel gud about :)

Comments Posted (0)