Farewell n May God Bless ..

Posted by Robbie | Posted in | Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2010

standing in my kitchen, lookin at the dark house in the 10th floor of the building parallel to mine, i was reminded of that nite long long ago .. i had come home feelin all depressed n lonely after a tough day at work n decided to ve some steaming filter coffee- indian style (which is one thing that has never failed to raise up spirits till date) .. i stood at the window lookin into void with the coffee spreading a feel-gud aroma all arnd me .. it musta been arnd 2 AM and as is normal, not one house in the vicinity had a light on .. t'was all peace n quiet ..

suddenly, the darkness was shattered by bright light from across the building n there she was, standing in her kitchen, one very sweet old lady (proper short n round like gran) .. after that day, i started noticing that she was arnd most nights in my timings (which my mom alwayz describes in one word - Crazy :P) .. it became a habit then on .. the moment i enter the house, i check if therez a light on in her kitchen .. it meant the world to me .. if her kitchen was dark, i felt deserted .. n i wait for her, like a puppy waiting for his master whoz at school .. she felt like family .. she helped me drive away the lonliness of the big house ..

i ve never seen her anywre other than that kitchen .. i wudnt b able to recognize her if she stood rite in front of me , caz our buildings had quite some distance between 'em and my eyez arent all that sharp (blame it on age) .. but she was like the gaurdian angel that i was so dependent on , to drive away all my home sickness n loneliness .. and she has never let me down .. until , today, that is ..

she has moved out .. dunno wre she shifted to or if the family thatz gonna shift in nxt to that house will have a nice granny char like her ... n 'm sure she wud never knw that i miss her .. she made a big difference to my days n 'm eternally grateful to her for being thr, in her own way .. miss u granny !! may God bless you ..

Comments Posted (0)