The Chappal Hunt!

Posted by Robbie | Posted in | Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006

Oooh .. those gud old days (nostalgic .. :( .. he he he) .. i used to wear rubber chappals when i was in my primary school .. and i missed wearing rubber chappals for while now .. used to use rubber chappals only as bathroom chappals .. until recently when i finally overcame any such feelings of shame for wearing 'em outside .. now i wear a faded jean, a pathetic t-shirt and darling RUBBER CHAPPALS and i dont mind goin out like that ..like a scarecrow .. even when i know everyone around me 'll b decently attired .. caz i finally have come to terms with the fact that i cant be Sush decently attired or not .. so, atleast let me relish my chinna chinna santhoshangal ... ;) .. so, here i am .. back to square one .. like my gud school days ..

u know wat .. during those days, i used to be soo proud of my BRAND NEW hawaii chappals that i used to get everytime i lose my old pair .. and i did that way too often .. 'll go to the park, play till it gets soo dark i cant c the swing or see-saw anymore and then head home realising only then how tired and famished i was - forgettin my chappals in some god-forsaken part of the park wre i wud ve tossed it earlier in my enthu for playing .. wud reach home and then realise 'crap .. forgot my chappals' .. my ma 'll give some royal thrashings and send me back to park to search for the lost property ... "Dont come back home without the chappals .. and is this pair lost too or u remember wre u left 'em?? " ... "i know ma .. itz there in the park only ..near the swings .. 'll get 'em in five min" ...
"LIAR" - conscince mocking ..
"will u be able to find???" - my gud concerned angel worried ..
i frantically search every patch of the park .. run over to every nook and corner ...and itz already half an hour since i left home sayin i'll b back in five min .. itz another half an hour before i successfully dig out one of the chappals from the sand at the bottom of the circus .. then search goes on even more frantically for another half an hour before i finally locate the other one ... then i head home patting on my back myself ... till i reach home that is .. after that, "look at the time .. u told me u knew wre u had left 'em .. then y the hell r u so late??? u r very very careless kanna .. BLAH ..BLAH .." ....... my bro wud be grinnin from ear to ear ... me will me longing to box his ears wel and gud ... then i'll take bath and settle down to do my home work .. me and my bro share a room .. so in a few min, v'll start one of our regular fighting sessions .. and t'll continue until one of my parents intervene and blast us both royally .. then silence until the clock nears 9.30 .. time for dinner .... he he he .. fight again for the remote ... "both of u , switch off the tv and go to the dining room and eat ... hereafter no eating in front of the television .. out both of u" ..
"unnala thaan da gunda"
"onnum illa .. unnala thaan .. cant u lay ur hands off the remote atleast for one day .. itz alwayz u who ve it" ..
"poda idiot"
"podi loosu"
....................
"enna satham inge???? eat without any racket .. any more sound from either of u, and u r in deep trouble"
"yes pa" - chorus .. silence ... finish eating and then study for a while or atleast thats wat v wre s'posed to do and thats wat my parents believe v wre doin till date .. but v'll ve a 'mouna sandai' with gestures and glares enuf to melt a mountain of iron if there ver was one .. then itz bed time folks ...
oooooh .. i miss those fighting sessions and the scolding sessions .. and the chappal losings also ... (devlish grin again) .. :D .. now i ve four five pairs alwayz but no one to scold me if i lose 'em .. if at all i get to lose 'em that is ... :) .. but i never luv these pairs of sandals like i luv'd my rubber chappals .. he he he .. they r the best - ever .. :P

Comments Posted (7)

  1. lovely....
    oru seripukulla ivalo periya background story-iyaa??! nalla irukku. :)

    Out of the line - me too sorted as Gryffindor! :) write more on ur love for harry, hermoine, ron and gryffindor.

  2. he he he ..tanx .. enna oru serupu nu sadhaarnama solliteenga .. :P the comfort that u get wearing those gud old rubber chappals r incomparable .. and the memories of those golden childhood days r an added attraction to it .. ;)

    and thats gr8 ... welcome fellow gryffindor .. :) sure 'll do that s'time .. ;)

  3. ha ha ha .. such a sweet bro u ve got .. :) .. my bro is as worse as me .. so i never had that prob .. :P

  4. Hey ur post train journey ,ur hero n Qui j'aussi r brilliant,beats dan brown.....(no kidding!:) )
    But i should say 'train journey' post is 2 gud 2 b true....:P newayz u ve a gift.... keep posting b it fact r fiction :P!!!

  5. :) tanx a lot pal ... and blimey t's true .. and 'm very grateful to that guy ... i had everything from my debit & credit cards to Pan card & license in that wallet ... + cash as i was goin to pay my vehicle loan .. so u can imagine .. and though i forgot his face now, i do remember he was smart :P ..

  6. hi anu,
    intha kathaya shankar kitta kodutha, bhramandamai oru paadam pannuvaru

  7. ha ha ha .. rite!! but then , i thought only director cheran dealt with nostalgic memories :P ..
    who ever u r, dunno if ur comment was sarcastic or appreciative, nywyaz, welcome to my blog .. keep visiting and put in ur comments :)