My HERO ...

Posted by Robbie | Posted in | Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006

T'was one of those normal days except for the slight rain .. and t'was still drizzling when i started from home and by the time i reached the stadium, it had started raining again .. the athletes who wre practising outside the stadium in the 800 m track came inside the stadium for shelter .. i was tossing the shuttle (t's sorta warming up for badminton players) and so didnt pay much attention to the guys ... that is , until he came inside, playing with a football ... he was very attractive and many eyes turned when he walked in ... after that i couldn't concentrate on my game ... eyes kept wandering in search of him .. he was never in one place- roamin around the stadium playin with that football .. hmm .. lucky football!!! :-/

I went the next day .. and the next .. and everyday after that .. i saw him some days and didnt, on some days .. and those days seemed empty ; incomplete .. seein him made me so happy and contented .. but i didnt ve the nerve to approach him .. wat if he doesn't like me??? wat if he already has s'one???? oh no .. i couldn't bear to even think he'll never be mine .. so, i jus went to the stadium and looked at him everyday from a distance .... this went on for more than a month ... until one fine day, our stadium watchman introduced him to me ... i had gone to the locker to get a shuttle and he was there with our watchman ... and that day was one of the best days in my life .. and that was jus the start ...

slowly, v became frenz and found out that he didnt after all ve s'one yet ...(oh wow! :-) ..) and he liked me a lot ... as much as i liked him ... then v started hanging out together ... i liked his company more than any other's ... and i started spending most of my time with him .. v became inseparable ... we hung out together at our colony park, playground, stadium .. and everywre .. he waited for me outside my school gate patiently everyday .. i started to bunk classes at times and most tuition classes too ... and my frenz covered up for me both at home and school .. they knew how much i luved him and they knew i can never tel at home or that'll b the end of our relationship ..

our life went on blissfully like this until one day he decided to come to my place and surprise me ... i was horror struck .. he didnt understand the consequences that'll result if v r found together and i supect he hasn't to this day ... i was soo scared i couldn't njoy his company and was not much of a company to him either ... my mom had gone to the library and she was back and imagine her shock when she saw him ... she had a nervous fit and yelled at both me and bro-"who brought a DOG inside the house???????!!!! " i ve never seen her angrier .. she glared at both me and vivi and even more at my hero .. and my hero jus stood there wagging his tail not havin realised even now the situation he had landed both of us in .. i alwayz thought my hero was not that brainy but t'was proved that day .. for a dog, he was not bad though ... so dont jump to conclusions that he is dumb-witted or s'thing .. itz jus that he's an average .. like me .. suits me fine .. but my ma happened to ve a different opinion altogether .... she threw both of us out and told me to come back home after i ve returned him to his rightful owner ..

she didnt seem to hear me when i told her he didnt ve one .. or so i thought .. until she yelled at me-"omg !! u ve brought a stray dog inside my house .. get out both of u and dont come back until u leave him in some far off place ..and make sure i never set my eyes on him ever again ... undertand???" ... "yes ma" ...

so my hero went back with disgrace from my home .. :( .. and this was not all .. when i went back to the stadium, watchman anna told that he's goin away and so he's planned to take my hero with him as my darling had no one to take care of him .. boo hoo ... that was the last day i saw my hero ...

i still dream of him at times .. and i never owned a dog in my life .. even though 'm crazy bot dogs .. and i never understood my ma's hatred for dogs either ..

Comments Posted (7)

  1. hey robbie, i pity for your hero :))
    btw this is a nice piece of writing, unexpected climax tho

  2. @betsy
    :-/ thanx betsy .. nice publicity ..

    @satu
    ;) thanx ..

  3. Hey..I think I know ur hero..Ive seen him a lot of times, guess he is still roaming around the same gutter :-p. What a fine couple you two would have made. You both looked made for each other. But for your mother, things would have been so different now !! So, was that the reason you couldnt concentrate on your game :D ??

    Sorry that your love story had such a tragic end. May you find the love of your life soon!!

  4. hey vasanth ..
    u r such a meano .. u mail me the nice comments and u tel all these above comments alone out here .. not fair :p .. nywayz .. dont complain bot my game or u wont ve a badminton partner when u come back to india .. u'll ve to jus wall-practise .. so beware .. he he he

  5. Okay..I will write really nice comments , even if they are not true :-p but please dont say I dont get to play badminton (most dreaded thing)!! But I really thot this is what you wanted to hear about ur hero, "great couple", "love of ur life", n all :( but you really painted a beautiful romantic story with a sidney sheldon twist to it :D

  6. And..oh..the new template is cool..much better than the old one ;) maybe bcoz this one has my name on the side panel..he he he..

  7. oh yeah .. i was wonderin wat was makin my new template look a li'l weird .. now i know .. thanx for pointin it out yaar .. u r a pal .. :P